Our Strategic Plan Mission and Vision
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College Mission Statement
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (ECTC) is a comprehensive, open-access, public associate degree granting institution, responding to and serving the needs of our diverse communities. ECTC prepares people to live and work in a constantly changing world through dynamic teaching and learning environments.
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System.
Mission Accomplished by providing:
- Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs which provide students with the opportunity to complete the first two years of a baccalaureate degree.
- Associate in Applied Science degree, diploma and certificate programs as well as courses to prepare individuals to excel in a complex workforce.
- Continuing and life-long education, short-term customized training for business and industry designed to strengthen the workforce and expand the life skills, knowledge, and the cultural enrichment of the community.
- Developmental Education courses to prepare individuals for success in transfer and technical courses.
- Associated services that support student development and success such as academic advising, library services, learning labs, assessment, career counseling, and cultural enrichment activities, among others.
The ECTC Vision
ECTC will be the provider of choice for transfer, technical, workforce and lifelong education among those we serve and will be recognized as a premier community and technical college, preparing Kentucky s globally competitive workforce.
- Our institutional mission and strive to fulfill that mission through strategic goals and objectives;
- Relevant educational programs and services that we promote through continuous quality improvement;
- Excellence in teaching and learning that we deliver during the college experience and enhance through diversity, inclusiveness, integrity, and collegiality;
- A positive culture that fosters mutual respect and trust for those who use college programs and services and promote this atmosphere through open communication;
- Open access to education and pursue this through responsive delivery of educational programs and services; to meet all stakeholder needs.
- A caring and committed college environment leading to success and lifelong learning and demonstrate this through our commitment to those we serve, and,
- An environment that recognized and respects diversity by being responsive to internal and external communities.
2016-2022 Strategic Plan
Raise the level of educational attainment in the Commonwealth by positioning ECTC as the accessible, affordable, and relevant post-secondary education choice for Kentuckians residing in the College s service region.
- Identify and implement new transfer, technical, workforce education programs.
- Implement proactive advising.
- Refine the curriculum to align with business and industry needs.
- Deploy innovative instructional delivery options.
- Refine the curriculum to be reflective and inclusive of our current student populations.
- Grow diversity outreach.
- Establish an institutional brand that complements the KCTCS brand, yet differentiates ECTC.
Increase access and success for ECTC students, particularly among traditionally under-served populations.
- Engage in academic and academic support activities that improve college and career readiness.
- Targeted support for first time college students and under-represented minority (URM) students.
- Advance a comprehensive Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Plan.
- Offer transfer-related advising and support opportunities.
- Implement a student mental health counseling program.
- Implement an Open Educational Resources (OER) program.
- Offer free of charge faculty-led pre-licensure exam preparation.
Develop clear pathways through all levels of post-secondary education with an emphasis on experiential learning that lead to successful employment outcomes for ECTC graduates.
- Offer a credit-bearing FYE course.
- Implement Guided Pathways.
- Implement Experiential Learning across the curriculum.
- Develop semester-by-semester transfer guides.
- Offer peer-to-peer mentoring opportunities.
- Eliminate student self-enrollment and self-drop/add.
Improve student engagement, support, experiences, and success by utilizing best practices in academic and student services.
- Establish robust student support systems including proactive advising and career-focused experiences.
- Centralized recruitment activities.
- Extend tutoring and Supplemental Instruction hours.
- Expand student access to academic support services and resources.
- Implement online tutoring.
- Launch a Teaching Excellence center for faculty.
Align programs and curricula with needs of employers that enhance the employability, job placement, and career development of ECTC graduates.
- Grow partnerships with business and industry.
- Expand on-the-job learning experiences, apprenticeship, Co-op, and practicum experiences.
- Expand project-based and other career-focused learning experiences.
- Implement program and discipline-specific exploration events and resources.
- More fully implement credit for prior learning.
- More fully implement life experience credit programs.
suggest changes to this page: firstname.lastname@example.org