Section 1: College Overview
1.0 President's Welcome
This guide was developed to help you operate effectively as an employee of Bluegrass Community and Technical College within the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. You can look forward to exciting opportunities to work with your colleagues to fulfill the college's mission and to help students reach their goals. The handbook contains local college policies and procedures and provides links and references to KCTCS policies that are not reproduced here. We have tried to collect, either directly or via web resources, information that will help you to understand and use necessary policies and procedures in your work. This document is dynamic and will be updated as policy and procedural changes are made. You should also become familiar with the KCTCS Administrative Policies and Procedures.
Our goals at the college include offering the courses and programs, faculty and staff, facilities, services, and other resources that help students meet their educational goals and that support businesses and communities to be strong and vibrant. I look forward to working with you in pursuit of these accomplishments, and I wish you every success in meeting your own career goals. I hope you find satisfaction and fulfillment in your service here.
Dr. Augusta A. Julian, President/CEO
1.1 BCTC Mission, Vision and Values Statement
Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) transforms the Bluegrass Region one student at a time, one employer at a time, one community at a time.
With students at the heart of our mission, BCTC supports access, success, and completion of educational goals through comprehensive and responsive programs and services at campuses across the region and through distance learning. With strong partnerships and excellence in teaching and learning, BCTC:
- Provides a skilled workforce, through high-quality career and technical programs, workforce training, and continuing education.
- Prepares students to transfer for baccalaureate degrees, through general education and literacy and life skills development.
BCTC promotes regional economic vitality and quality of life through diversity and inclusion, cultural and global awareness, critical thinking, civic responsibility, professional competence, and sustainability.
BCTC is a member college of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and awards associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
- Endorsed by BCTC's Board of Directors - May 28, 2014
- KCTCS Board of Regents Approval - September 19, 2014
Bluegrass Community and Technical College aspires to teaching and learning excellence, student success, and creative solutions for educational, economic, and community challenges.
As an organization that serves and learns, made up of students, faculty, and staff, and supported by boards, councils, and advisors, BCTC is guided by these core values:
- Authenticity - We act with integrity and uphold our commitments.
- Inclusion - We empower students, faculty, and staff to create an inclusive culture through open access, shared experience, and mutual respect.
- Meaningful Interaction - We value considerate and productive communication, empowered listening, and diversity of thought and expression.
- Focus on Learning - We support lifelong learning through teaching and service that nurture emotional and intellectual growth to foster meaningful lives.
- Innovation - We embrace challenges using new, creative, and flexible ideas and actions that seek improvements and support educational excellence.
- Responsiveness - We assess needs, create partnerships, and take initiative to support the economic and cultural development of the communities we serve.
- Positive Environment - We embrace joy and celebration in our learning and working environment.
- Collaboration - We cooperate toward common goals, striving to create positive results by being helpful, courteous, and kind.
1.2 BCTC History and Information
- BCTC History and Information (PDF - 67KB)
1.3 Functional Organizational Charts
1.4 KCTCS Values, Mission, and Vision
- KCTCS Values, Mission, and Vision (PDF - 151KB)
1.5 KCTCS History
- KCTCS History (PDF - 63KB)
1.6 KCTCS Governance
- KCTCS Governance (PDF - 5KB)