Elizabethtown Career Readiness Certificate
The Elizabethtown Career Readiness Certificate (ECRC) program endorsed by Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (ECTC) Career and Professional Development Services is a non-credit Professionalism Certificate Program available to ECTC students.
WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE IN THE ECRC PROGRAM?
The ECRC program endorsed by ECTC Career and Professional Development Services is a non-credit professional development certificate. This program is designed to equip students with important career exploration, research, and planning strategies that will provide them with career development guidance for success in tomorrow’s global workforce.
Whether you are a first-year student exploring career options, changing your program of study, or nearing graduation and looking to apply for a new internship or full-time position, this program will give you the competitive edge. By completing this program, you will gain a greater understanding of your personal values, skills, and strengths and how they relate to your career pathway. In addition, you will jump start your future career by increasing professionalism skills while networking with industry professionals.
Upon completion of the program, students will earn a certificate that adds value to your resume. Please email Kali Buchanan if you have any questions.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Any student with a minimum 2.5 GPA. All programs are welcome.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
Certificate Program Activities:
- Attend TWO seminars/workshops throughout the semester. Upcoming workshops can be found
on the Career Services webpage or on social media.
- One workshop must be presented by the Office of Career and Professional Development. You can elect to attend a second workshop presented by the Office of Cultural Diversity. Contact Jerisia Lamons for more information.
- Register an account and create or upload your resume on the ECTC Online Job Board powered by College Central Network.
- Have a 1:1 appointment with a Career Counselor. Schedule your appointment by emailing Kbuchanan0039@kctcs.edu.
- Participate in one of the following activities:
- A Career Fair
- An Information Interview or Job Shadow with an employer
- Student-Alumni Career Meet & Greet
- Mock Interview Event
We recommend following us on social media @ectcareerservices to stay up-to-date on upcoming workshops and events. Fill out a brief survey upon completion of the program. Students must participate in all program activities/completion requirements to receive the ECRC certificate.