Pre-Employment Transition Services
Your Future Begins Here
We work with public schools across the state of Kentucky to help disabled students
ages 14-21 who are potentially eligible for vocational rehabilitation services. We
want to help students plan for the future and prepare for careers that match their
skills, abilities and interests.
To meet the employment needs of students with disabilities, KCTCS Pre-ETS provides pre-employment transition services which include:
- Post-Secondary Counseling and Exploration
- Job Exploration Counseling
- Workplace Readiness Training
- Self-Advocacy Instruction
- Work-Based Learning Experiences
These services are designed to make a difference and to be an early start at job exploration
for students with disabilities when making the transition from secondary to post-secondary
education/training and competitive, integrated employment.
Our Core Services
- Educate and inform students of short and long term post-secondary training opportunities, and assist in gaining an understanding of how different training options may meet their individual needs.
- Promoting participation in postsecondary education
- Attending college fairs and tours
- Facilitate student visits to disability support services at local colleges to learn how to access services and supports that assist people with disabilities.
- Discussion of students’ vocational interests
- Review of local labor market and in-demand industries and occupations
- Non-traditional employment options
- Identification of career pathways of interest to the students
- Apprenticeships and Job Shadowing
- Paid and non-paid internships and/or work experiences
- Informational interviews
- Training on self-awareness, disclosure of disability, and knowing individual rights and responsibilities
- Receive training on communication, problem solving, and other specific social and interpersonal skills as well as independent living skills
These services are designed to make an impactful difference and to be an early start
at job exploration for students with disabilities when making the transition from
secondary to post-secondary education/training and competitive, integrated employment.
This project is funded by the Office for the Blind and the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation with Federal Program Basic Support Funds 84.126A.
Pre-ETS College Contact
Pre ETS Specialist
Attn: Teresa Brown
The Office of Student Accessibility
600 College Street Rd
Elizabethtown, KY 42701