Assuring You Get the Excellence You Deserve!
Accreditation assures that the college meets standards of quality and excellence set by a government approved independent organization, the The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, a private accrediting body responsible for elementary, middle, secondary and postsecondary institutions in 11 Southern states.
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Elizabethtown Community and Technical College.
Why is accreditation important?
Accreditation is important for two reasons. First, it assures ECTC students that you are receiving an education that meets the high standards of an independent organization. Second, an ECTC degree is recognized and accepted by most public or private four-year colleges and universities in Kentucky and many outside Kentucky.
Academic program accreditations or certifications
Several of our technical programs are accredited or certified by state or national organizations. They include:
- Automotive Technology and Diesel Technology: Automotive Service in Excellence ASE, National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation NATEF
- Computer Aided Drafting: American Design Drafting Association, ADDA certified
- Practical Nursing: Kentucky State Board of Nursing certified
- Radiography: Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- Registered Nursing: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- Respiratory Care: Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- Welding Technology: American Welding Society
this page maintained by: firstname.lastname@example.org