Financial Aid Checklist

A printable checklist is available.

___1. Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID

Visit which will allow you to apply for a federal student aid ID so you can confirm your identity when completing your FAFSA online and when accessing any federal financial aid information. If the student is dependent, the parent will also need to apply for a federal student aid ID.

___2. Apply for Financial Aid - Fill out your FAFSA!

Even if you don't think you would qualify, you should always apply and complete a FAFSA. You can apply at

___3. Create your Self-Service Center Account

Create your user profile at the User Account Center.

___4. Check your Student Self-Service Center "To Do List"

On the Student Self Service page select "LOGIN HERE"

___5. Check your Student Self-Service Center for your Financial Aid Awards

  • On the Student Self Service page select "LOGIN HERE"
  • Enter your USER ID (all capital letters) and password
  • In "Student Center" under "Finances" select the blue link "Loan Request"
  • Follow the instructions for requesting a loan or additional loan amount(s)
  • Select SUBMIT

Students interested in a Federal Direct Student Loan may request the loan from the Student Self Service portal. Access the Loan Request link on Student Self Service and submit your requested amount. Students borrowing a student loan for the first time, students must go to Student Loans and complete the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN). The counseling and signing of the MPN is required for student loans. Your FAFSA ID is required to complete these steps.

If you have no financial award information, check your Student Self-Service Center "To Do List" to view the status of your missing information.

For further questions, contact the KCTCS Student Service Center at (855) 7GO-ECTC.

___6. Sign your Financial Aid Release (FAR)

In order to use Financial Aid to purchase books at the bookstore up to amount of eligibility, students must complete a Financial Aid Release. The fastest way to complete a Financial Aid Release is on your Student Self-Service page under Finances. Students may also print a Financial Aid Release Form and submit to the Financial Aid Office.

___7. Sign Consent to Release

Students can complete the Consent to Release on the Student Self-Service under Personal Information. Consent to Release gives permission for the Financial Aid Office to release information about the student's Financial Aid file. We cannot release any information about Financial Aid to anyone without permission. Only the name(s) listed will have access to this information.

___8. Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress

Students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (KCTCS SAP Policy). If a student fails to meet SAP, he/she must complete and submit a SAP Appeal form to the Financial Aid Office for review by an Appeals Committee at one of the regularly scheduled monthly meetings.

___9. Activate your Account for your Refund

When you receive your KCTCS BankMobile debit card packet in the mail, activate the account by following the instructions that you receive with the packet. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Business Office.

___10. Submit any information on awards you receive

Submit any information on awards you receive from an agency outside of Elizabethtown Community and Technical College to the Financial Aid Office.

___11. Purchase your books. 

Contact Information

KCTCS/Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
Financial Aid Office
RPC 1st Floor Room 105
610 College Street Road Elizabethtown, KY 42701
(270) 706-8802 or (877) 246-2322 extension 68802
1-855-746-3282 24/7/365
FAX 270-769-0736