University of Kentucky | ECTC

University of Kentucky

The University of Kentucky, located in Lexington, is one of two state-supported research universities in Kentucky. This year is its largest enrollment in history, with 29,000 students.

How will my classes transfer?

If you complete an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree at ECTC, your classes will transfer as a block, and you will be fully general education certified.

But because UK has created specific transfer frameworks for different majors, you do need to follow transfer checklists pretty closely to make sure you're taking the prerequisite classes for your major so you won't have to take more prereq classes once you transfer.

Are there any specific transfer pathways?

Yes! The University of Kentucky has agreements in place for ECTC students who want to complete bachelor's degrees they begin here. Look at the link for the major you're interested in pursuing. These course lists are a guide to the courses you should take at ECTC before transferring. Some of the courses are offered only at UK, so see your advisor for substitute courses you can take here.

Degrees and Transfers

What about scholarships?

UK offers specific transfer scholarships for ECTC students, based on their grade point averages. There are a few that even cover the difference between UK tuition and KCTCS tuition, but those are very competitive. Watch application dates; you'll need to fill out an application for a scholarship and submit official transcripts.

What's Next?

It's easy to find out more about transferring to the University of Kentucky.

Contact Information

KCTCS/Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
ECTC Success Center
RPC 1st Floor Room 106
600 College Street Road
Elizabethtown, KY. 42701
(270) 706-8695 or (877) 246-2322, Ext. 68695