To use the computers, you have to follow the KCTCS Code of Student Conduct and the KCTCS Information Technology Responsible Use Policy.
- There are lab assistants in the computer lab to help you. Please follow their instructions.
- The lab is supposed to be used for school work for KCTCS and WKU students, staff,
and faculty. Children of students are not allowed in the lab due to liability issues.
- Login with your student ID to use a computer. Remember to sign out when you are finished
because any rules that are broken while you are logged in, could be tracked and traced
back to you.
- You can print as long as it's something for class.
- Some students in the lab may be studying or taking tests, so please try to talk softly
so you won’t disturb them. You may be asked to go to the hallway to talk if you are
disturbing other students.
- Please turn your cell phone's ringer off so it won't disturb other students.
- If someone else is offended by something you are viewing online, you could be asked
to close it. If your instructor has asked you to view a site that might be questionable,
just let the lab assistants know beforehand.
- Copying any copyrighted material, such as music, is prohibited.
- No tobacco use in the lab. E-cigarettes are also prohibited because the vapor is an
irritant to those who suffer from respiratory ailments.
- If you leave your computer for more than 10 minutes, it might be logged off and made
available for other students.
- In case of a fire alarm or dangerous weather conditions, you must evacuate the room.
Computers could be turned off.
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is not responsible for personal items