Student Course Syllabi Information
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statements
Applicable to 'On Campus Courses'
If you need accommodation because of a documented disability (psychological disability, medical disability, learning disability, and/or physical disability), you must register with the Office for Student Accessibility each academic term you are enrolled.
To register, contact Noel Helm, Office for Student Accessibility Coordinator, Room 129-A RPC, or call (270) 706-8455. In the event of an emergency while you are on campus or attending class at an off-campus location, notify ECTC Disability Services immediately if you require assistance.
Applicable to 'Online Courses'
The educational programs and activities at Elizabethtown Community and Technical College are available to all students. If you need accommodation because of a documented disability (psychological disability, medical disability, learning disability, and/or physical disability), you must register with the Office for Student Accessibility each academic term you are enrolled.
If you are an ECTC student, you will need to contact Noel Helm, Office for Student Accessibility, Room 129-A RPC, or call (270) 706-8455. All other KCTCS students will need to contact their home school s Disability Services Coordinator for assistance in requesting reasonable accommodation(s).
KCTCS Code of Student Conduct
Faculty and students at Elizabethtown Community and Technical College are bound by principles of truth and honesty that are fundamental for an educational community. Information about academic rights and academic offenses and the student s right to appeal is located in ARTICLE II ACADEMIC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (2.1-2.9) in the KCTCS Code of Student Conduct. (Revised June 2009)
Accessing/Checking your KCTCS Email
As a student of the KCTCS System, E-mail is an integral part of the distance learning process as well as your everyday process as a student of Elizabethtown Community and Technical College. You get grade information, class registration, and other related information on your email account. In addition, all of your KCTCS information will come through student email.
Your password must be changed via the KCTCS User Account Center. You will need to know your student id number to use the User Account Center. Attempting to change your password through your mailbox will fail.
Also if your phone has been set to sync with the previous KCTCS email system (prior to July 12, 2012), you will now need to set up your mobile device to work with 365. Select the link below for assistance.
For questions regarding the email changes, contact ECTC s IT help desk at (270) 706-8817 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m, Monday through Friday.
Make-Up Days Due to College Closure
Occasionally, the college is closed due to weather conditions or other unforeseeable circumstances and classes are cancelled. When this happens, make-up days may be necessary. If we find make-up days are necessary, this instructor will follow the policies established by the college and will notify you of the arrangements as soon as possible.
Required Satisfactory Academic Standards
In order to be eligible to receive financial aid, a returning student is required to have met certain standards of satisfactory academic progress during his or her previous attendance, whether or not financial aid was received.
- A student is required to complete sixty-seven percent (67%) of all cumulative credits attempted, as expressed by the number of hours successfully completed divided by the number of hours attempted. Successful completion would be grades of A, B, C, D, or Pass; unsuccessful grades would be E, F, W, Z or Incomplete.
- A student is required to meet a minimum cumulative grade point average. ECTC uses a 4-point scale for Grade Point Average (GPA) and requires students to have a 2.0 grade point average after each measured term.
- Students are expected to complete their degree/diploma/certificate program within a Maximum Time Frame (MTF) of 150% of the required number of credit hours to graduate. e.g., programs requiring 72 credits will have a 108 credit maximum. All attempted hours are counted, including transfer hours, whether or not financial aid was received, or whether or not the coursework was successfully completed.
Students with questions about the required Satisfactory Academic Standards above should contact the Financial Aid Office.
Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct
- If a student thinks that he/she has been discriminated against, the student shall inform the chief student affairs officer or his/her designee within thirty (30) calendar days of the occurrence of the alleged incident. The chief student affairs officer or his/her designee shall conduct a preliminary investigation of the discrimination grievance.
- The student, chief student affairs officer or his/her designee, and other involved parties shall work informally to negotiate a solution within fourteen (14) calendar days. The informal student discrimination grievance procedure shall be completed within forty-four (44) calendar days of the occurrence of the alleged incident.
- If the grievance is not resolved to the satisfaction of the student through the informal grievance procedure, the student may file a formal appeal according to the KCTCS Student Code of Conduct.
- If a student feels he/she has been subject to sexual misconduct, those complaints should be made to the College Title IX Coordinator or other college administrator. Such complaints shall be handled in accordance with the Sexual Misconduct Procedure.
ECTC Chief Student Affairs Officer Dr. Dale Buckles Office of Student Affairs RPC 1st Floor Room 100-A 600 College Street Road Elizabethtown, KY 42701 (270) 706-8431 or (877) 246-2322 extension 68431
this page maintained by: email@example.com