Early Childhood Conference
This year's theme for the Early Childhod Conference is STREAM! -- science, technology, reading, engineering, arts, and mathematics. The workshops are geared for providing skills related to these subject to early childhood educators, who can help the young children develop skills related to these subjects.
The conference takes place on April 14, 2018 at the Regional Postsecondary Center (RPC) on the ECTC main campus. There will be three workshops throughout the day with a lunch provided. We will have vendors and agencies available during lunch for introducing products and distributing information.
|8am - 8:30am||Registration|
|8:30 - 9:45am||Keynote Speaker|
|10:00 - 11:15am||Workshop #1|
|11:30 - 12:30pm||Lunch provided
|12:45 2:00pm||Workshop #2|
|2:15 - 3:30pm||Workshop #3|
All workshops will be available for each session. Attendees must select three different workshops in order to receive full credit. The maximum capacity of attendees for each workshop is 22. Walk-ins are not allowed in workshops on the day of the event if not properly registered. The 13 scheduled workshops, identified below, are described in a workshop summary.
- Technology Toolbox for Early Childhood Education (Birth through preschool) -- presented by Brooke Whitlow
- Get Aboard the Music Train: Developing the Whole Child (Infant/Toddler) -- presented by Diana C. Aubrey, KCTM
- Creative Curriculum (Birth through preschool) -- presented by Teresa Wilson-Back
- Masterpieces in the Making (Preschool) -- presented by Michelle Bennett
- Worth a Thousand Words: Using Picture Books to Develop Visual Literacy in Infant and Toddlers -- presented by Kathy Crawford
- 'E' is for Engineering (Preschool) -- presented by Rita Curtis & Julie Ann Rice
- Preschool Literacy -- presented by Brenda Hagan
- Positive Discipline in the Early Childhood Setting: Birth Through Preschool Years -- presented by Mary Hogan Jones
- Panelcraft: Block Play (Birth through preschool) -- presented by Jeff Whittaker
- Recycle Your Way to STEAM (Preschool) -- presented by Pat Ryan
- "STREAM"ing with the Babes (Infant/Toddler) -- presented by Leamora Washington
- Come Sail Away with Math (Preschool) -- presented by Julie Adams
- "Music Fun for Little Ones" (Preschool) -- presented by Misty Smith
Credit Received for Attendance
All attendees will receive 5 hours toward professional development training. In addition, each attendee will receive a certificate, along with stickers from each workshop that can be placed on the certificate.
Individuals with an existing professional certification can earn 0.6 Continuing Education Units (CEU) toward maintaining their certification. An additional $5 fee will be charged upon registration.
Registration for the conference begins on March 18, 2018. The schedule and fees for registration are as follows:
|Fee Descriptions||Date Range||Fee
|Early Bird Registration||Mar 18 - Mar 31||$25.00|
|Regular Registration||Apr 1 - Apr 12||$30.00|
|CEU fee (additional)||$5.00|
NOTE: Registration on the day of the event is not permitted. There will be no refunds for cancellations or non-attendance. Subtitutions are not permitted. If you register for a workshop that has met its maximum capacity, you will be contacted and offered a different selection or different arrangement of workshops to accommodate your desired selections.
How to Pay
Registration is not complete until payment is received by the ECTC Business Office. Early Bird conference fees must be paid in full before the Early Bird deadline or you will be charged the regular conference fee. All payments must be received no later than noon on April 12, 2018. If payment is to be made for a group, a separate transaction for each participant is required.
The Business Office is located at RPC Room 102, 610 College Street Road, Elizabethtown, KY 42701. The Business Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Friday. The financial contact for the payment is Dee Curl at 270-706-8729, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A boxed lunch from Adams Family Foods is included in the registration fee. The meal will include a sandwich of your choice (selected during registrations), pasta salad, chips, homemade chocolate chip cookie, pickle spear, and drinks (bottled soda or bottled water).
- First Steps & HANDS Program
- The Kid Spot Center
- Silkworm Custom Screen Printing – T-Shirts
- Hardin County Schools & CECC
- HANDS Program
- First Steps Program
- STARS for KIDS NOW & Child Care Aware/Child Care Council
- Campbellsville University Representative
- Brighter Futures Counseling
Please use the information below to contact us should you have any questions:
Special Thanks to:
- Dr. Juston Pate, ECTC President/CEO
- Conference Planning Committee Members
- LaRue County Early Childhood Council
- Brenda Hagan, Crocus Academy