The Radiography program utilizes a selective admission process. Applications for admission
into the program must be submitted by March 1 of the year a student plans to attend.
The applications are distributed during the Pre-Admission conferences. A new class
begins with the fall semester of each year. The program consists of five consecutive
semesters. Students enrolled in the Radiography program must achieve a minimum grade
of C in each Radiography course in order to continue in the program.
KCTCS is committed to a policy of providing educational opportunities to all qualified students regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, or physical or mental ability.
- Apply to Elizabethtown Community and Technical College with the declared major code of "Associate in Science."
- Submit secondary school transcript or high school equivalency credentials (GED scores and the official certificate).
- Submit transcripts of any college coursework.
- Submit scores from the ACT or take other placement tests.
- Attend a pre-admission conference.
- Submit all materials prior to March 1st.
- The admission committee will evaluate all applicants with preference given to those
who have completed all of the following:
- A composite score of 21 or above on the ACT; TABE and KMATH scores (KMATH 22 or above, and TABE Reading 12.9 and Writing 12.9 scores will be considered, but preference will be given to students with an ACT composite score of 21 or higher)
- GPA of 2.5 or higher in courses applicable to the Radiography curriculum.
- Completion of required Anatomy, Physics, and Algebra with a C or better.
- Candidates who are registered and/or licensed in the health profession.
After the March 1 deadline, individual files for each applicant will be created and supplied to the Radiography admissions committee.
- The admission committee will then review all applicants.
- The top candidates are notified of their admission status.
- The selected applicants are invited to an orientation session where they will determine their acceptance of the admission invitation.
- At the orientation session applicants will receive information about the program, register for radiography courses and gain information of requirements of clinical affiliates (such as drug screening and criminal background checks).
- If an applicant is conditionally admitted then the applicant must submit all needed documentation prior to the start of the program.
Coursework Required Prior to Entering the Program
BIO 137 Anatomy & Physiology I
BIO 139 Anatomy & Physiology II
MAT 150 College Algebra or higher math course
PHY 171 or 152 Applied Physics or Introductory Physics II
After Admission into the Program
After the student has accepted their position into the program the following must be completed prior to starting radiography course work. Deadline dates for the following will be distributed at the orientation.
- Completion of physical.
- Up to date immunizations and vaccinations as required by clinical sites.
- Drug screen as required by clinical sites.
- Criminal background check as required by clinical sites.
- CPR certification for Healthcare Providers (this must be kept current throughout the program)
**Please note that if your drug screen or criminal background check reports any occurrences the clinical site may refuse your participation at their site. This will result in denied admission to the program.
Contact InformationCarla Allen Administrative Assistant Elizabethtown Community & Technical College 600 College Street Road Elizabethtown, KY 42701 firstname.lastname@example.org (270)-706-8464 or Toll free: (877)-246-2322, Ext. 68464 Anna Hamilton Radiography Program Director email@example.com (270)-706-8649 or Toll free: (877)-246-2322, Ext. 68649 Rosemary Meredith Radiography Clinical Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org (270)-706-8630 or Toll free: (877)-246-2322, Ext. 68630