Military Friendly Policies
Policy for Students Called to Active DutyKCTCS students in the National Guard and Reserves and with some prior active duty personnel may be called/recalled to active duty. Students with activation orders or other official documentation will be provided the following options:
- Withdraw from all classes and 100% of the tuition and mandatory fees would be refunded.
- Student makes arrangements with his/her instructor(s) for a grade and/or an incomplete (to be made up in the specific time period) in the course(s). The registration would remain intact and tuition and mandatory fees would be assessed in full.
- If arrangements are made with only some of the student's instructors for a grade and/or an incomplete, the registration for those courses would remain intact and tuition and mandatory fees would be assessed for those courses. Any courses for which arrangements cannot be made for a grade and/or an incomplete could be dropped and the tuition and mandatory fees for those courses would be refunded.
To be eligible for any of the above options, a copy of activation orders or other official documentation must be provided to the Chief Student Officer.The option available to the student depends on the point in the semester/term when the student is called to active duty.
Financial aid is refunded in accordance with existing KCTCS and Federal policies for each of the above situations. Inquiries should be directed to the Office of Student Financial Aid.
These procedures do not apply to national guardsmen or reservists who are fulfilling their annual two-week active duty, or to students that enlist into active duty during the semester/term.
In-State Tuition Rate
- Active Duty military and their family members stationed at Fort Knox receive in-state tuition.
- All Students enrolled in online classes receive in-state tuition regardless of duty station.
- Veterans receive in-state tuition regardless of home of record.
Military Student's Bill of RightsECTC is a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Consortium. Our membership in the SOC Consortium means we are committed to upholding the Military Student Bill of Rights that spells out ten specific rights that military students should have as they explore, enroll and work toward degrees or certificates at Consortium colleges and universities.
More information about the SOC Military Bill of Student Rights and the Servicemembers Opportunity College Consortium is also available on the SOC Consortium website.
State of Kentucky Policies and Benefits
Principles of Excellence
View the Executive Order Establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Servicing Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members.
Contact InformationKCTCS\Elizabethtown Community and Technical College Fort Knox Campus EDC 1st Floor Room 203 1174 Dixie Street Fort Knox, KY 40121 (270) 706-8858 or (877) 246-2322 extension 68858 firstname.lastname@example.org
this page maintained by: