Scholarships and Waivers
There are many different scholarship programs for freshmen and returning students. Tuition waivers are also available for those who qualify.
There are several different scholarships awarded through ECTC.
CKCF Scholarship Central
You may also want to check out other scholarships awarded to ECTC students through the Central Kentucky Community Foundation.
- CKCF Scholarship Central (Deadline for applications is March 1st!)
- Use the link above to apply for scholarships offered by CKCF.
Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) Scholarship programs for Kentucky residents.
- Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES)
- Early Childhood Developmental Scholarship (ECDS)
- Mary Jo Young Scholarship
- Go Higher Grant (application)
Other Kentucky State Scholarships
Listing of scholarships that are available in the state of Kentucky.
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program offers grants for U.S. citizen undergraduate students of limited financial means to pursue academic studies or credit-bearing, career-oriented internships abroad. Such international exchange is intended to better prepare U.S. students to assume significant roles in an increasingly global economy and interdependent world.
Donovan Scholar Waiver
Donovan Scholarships are available for lifelong learners, age 65 and over, to attend college for free. If you are eligible for this waiver, please contact the Welcome Center and complete an application for admission to the College. You will also need to submit a copy of your driver’s license in order for the waiver to be applied. The wavier is for tuition only and does not cover books or digital fees.
A Donovan Scholar can take classes for credit or audit.
- Degree seeking students are required to complete an on-line orientation session prior to enrolling.
- Placement Tests and/or official transcripts from previous colleges attended may be required for degree seeking students depending on course prerequisites.
- There are no exams or assignments required for students who audit a class.
For further information contact the Welcome Center at: (270) 706-8800 or (877) 246-2322 extension 68800.
- Adopted and foster children. The foster tuition waiver is completed and submitted to the ECTC financial aid office. (KRS 164.2847)
- Dependents of deceased employees participating in state-administered retirement systems (KRS 164.2841)
- Dependents of disabled employees participating in state-administered retirement systems (KRS 164.2842)
- Dependents of deceased or disabled Kentucky law enforcement officers and firefighters (KRS 164.2841)
- Dependents of deceased or totally disabled Kentucky veterans (KRS 164.505, KRS 164.507, KRS 164.512, KRS 164.515)
Kentucky National Guard TA Waiver
- Eligibility Requirements (pdf)
- General and Deadline Information (pdf)
- Regulations (pdf)
- How to apply (pdf)
Contact InformationKCTCS/Elizabethtown Community and Technical College Financial Aid Office RPC 1st Floor Room 105 610 College Street Road Elizabethtown, KY 42701 (270) 706-8802 or (877) 246-2322 extension 68802 1-855-746-3282 24/7/365 FAX 270-769-0736 firstname.lastname@example.org
This page maintained by Laura Lamb