Looking to get educational benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs to pay for your college here at Elizabethtown Community and Technical College? The following process will help you get started.
First Steps for All Students
- Apply for admission to the college. You can begin this process before seeing our office, but please be sure to see us as soon as possible.
- Enroll in classes once your Admissions file is complete.
- Follow the steps below based on new or returning status.
- Contact our office to turn in your paperwork
fOR va eDUCATION bENEFITS
Are you a new student?
- You will need to apply for benefits through DVA by going to www.vets.gov and completing the online application.
- Be sure to print the confirmation page once you have submitted your application. We will need this while DVA processes your application and mails you a Certificate of Eligibility.
- If you have already applied and received your Certificate of Eligibility, we will need a copy.
- If you are transferring to ECTC from another college, you will need to complete a Change of Program/Change of Place Form. These are located in our office. We will need unofficial/officials copies of your transcripts.
- If you are using Vocational Rehabilitation, we will need a copy of your VA Form 28-1905 from your case manager.
- All students are required to complete the ECTC Veterans Enrollment Form. This form is completed each semester that you enroll into classes. It is located in our office. If you are unable to come to our office, send us an email and we will email you a PDF to complete.
Are you a returning student?
- You need to complete the ECTC Veterans Enrollment Form. You can find the Enrollment Form in our office or if you are unable to come to our office, send us an email and we will email you a PDF to complete.
- If you are changing your major, you will need to complete a Change of Program Form with our office. These forms are available in our office.