Application Process

Looking to get educational benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs to pay for your college? The following process will help you get started.

Application Process

  1. Apply for admission to the college.
  2. Register for classes (enroll in classes).
  3. Contact the Veterans Affairs Office.
  4. Process required paperwork for benefits.
  5. Process prior credit by completing the Counseling Information Sheet through either of the two methods, below: 

First Time Students

The following are required forms provided by Veterans Affairs. Veterans Affairs students are also required to complete the ECTC enrollment process starting with a visit to the Admissions Office, and students are also required to attend a student orientation.

Veterans Chapter 30

Veterans using Chapter 33 educational benefits

Dependent using Chapter 33 educational benefits (transfer program) TEB

John David Fry Scholarship Award

Post 9/11 Chapter 33 Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship award using Chapter 33 educational benefits.

  • Please see School Certifying Official

Members of the Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve / National Guard Chapter 1606 & 1607

Dependents or Spouses of Disabled or Deceased Veterans Chapter 35

Transfer Students

  • The appropriate forms will be provided to you by the ECTC Veterans Affairs office.

Vocational Rehabilitation Chapter 31

  • Veterans using Chapter 31 educational benefits and are having problems, should contact their case manager or the VA Regional Office in Louisville KY.
  • VA Form 28-1905
  • VA Briefing & Veterans Enrollment Form
  • Must select the program from the DOL list of High Demand Occupations

Contact Information

Hours of Operation:
Monday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Tuesday – Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
Veterans Affairs Office
Room 107, Occupational Technical Building
600 College Street Road
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
P: (270)706-8815
F: (270)769-0736