May 10, 2022 - Cabinet Minutes
ECTC President's Cabinet Meeting
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
9:00 a.m. – RPC 200C, Board Room
|Dale Buckles||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Mike Hazzard||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Brent Holsclaw||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Darrin Powell||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Whitney Taylor||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Megan Stith||Cabinet Member||Yes|
- The proposed strategic plan with revised mission and values statements was distributed to Cabinet members for approval. Cabinet approved the proposed changes and the strategic plan will go before the Board of Directors on Friday, May 13, for approval. If approved, the strategic plan will be presented to the Board of Regents in June for final approval.
Marketing and Recruitment Update
- Marketing and recruitment are optimistic about our fall 2022 enrollment numbers being higher than fall 2021. Our prospect numbers are back to where they were pre-COVID, however, our enrollment numbers are not, but we are closing the gap.
- Prospective students and their parents are most concerned with the return on their investment when it comes to higher education.
- A month ago, we launched our Student Ambassador program on social media. These student ambassadors will post on ECTC social media sites in an effort to generate interest.
- In the near future, we will launch a virtual campus tour for prospective students, parents, donors, etc.
- KCTCS has received a lump sum of money to split between the 16 colleges. This money can be used for renovations to existing building and asset preservation projects. In order to receive these funds, each college would be responsible for providing 13.4% of the total amount allotted for renovations.
- Cabinet members reviewed a list of renovation projects needed that would qualify for these funds.
- A draft layout for the ATB redesign was discussed with Cabinet members. A meeting with those who will have office space in the ATB redesign area will take place later this afternoon to ensure all needs will be met with the new design.
Remote Work Options
- Cabinet discussed remote work options for current and prospective employees. This will be an ongoing discussion that will evolve over time.
Meeting adjourned at 11:40 a.m.
Respectfully submitted, Emily Allen (Executive Administrative Assistant)