We are proud to be an accredited community college here to help you meet your education and career goals.
Our accreditation to award associate degrees comes from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and it’s an important part of who we are as a college.
Not only does accreditation help us provide you with financial aid options, it also means that since we are accredited to award associate degrees, your degree will automatically be recognized and accepted by all public or private four-year colleges and universities.
Assuring You Get the Excellence You Deserve!
Accreditation assures that the college meets standards of quality and excellence set by a government approved independent organization, the The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, a private accrediting body responsible for postsecondary institutions in 11 Southern states.
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Elizabethtown Community and Technical College.
Why is accreditation important?
Accreditation is important for two reasons. First, it assures ECTC students that you are receiving an education that meets the high standards of an independent organization. Second, an ECTC degree is recognized and accepted by most public or private four-year colleges and universities in Kentucky and many outside Kentucky.
Academic program accreditations or certifications
Several of our technical programs are accredited or certified by state or national organizations. They include:
- Automotive Technology and Diesel Technology: Automotive Service in Excellence (ASE), ASE Education Foundation
- Computer Aided Drafting: American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) certified
- Practical Nursing: Kentucky State Board of Nursing certified
- Radiography: Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- Registered Nursing: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Respiratory Care: Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- Welding Technology: American Welding Society