August 2, 2022 - Cabinet Minutes
ECTC President's Cabinet Meeting
Tuesday, August 2, 2022
9:00 a.m. – RPC 200C, Board Room
|Mike Hazzard||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Brent Holsclaw||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Corina Langford||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Darrin Powell||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Whitney Taylor||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Megan Stith||Cabinet Member||Yes|
Eastern KY Clean-Up
- Dr. Pate sent out a campus-wide email asking for volunteers to travel to eastern Kentucky later this week to assist in the clean-up effort in the homes of those impacted by the recent flooding. If someone is unable to assist in-person, we are asking for volunteers to provide supplies such as shovels, rubber boots and gloves, squeegees, etc.
- Vehicles have been reserved for those traveling to eastern Kentucky and will depart Thursday, August 4, morning at 7:00 a.m. with plans to return by 7:00 p.m. that evening.
Departments meeting with Cabinet
- Each administrative assistant will divide their unit into groups, large or small, to meet with Cabinet. Once the groups have been identified Cabinet will schedule a time to meet with each unit to discuss current issues, concerns, and/or suggestions.
- These meetings will be held in October and November.
- ECTC is planning to have Spooktacular on campus again this year on October 27 from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Employees are asked to donate candy in addition the college purchasing candy for the event.
- Ms. Whitney Taylor distributed the mandatory training plan that will begin Thursday, September 1. All employees are required to complete all trainings by October 3, 2022.
Remote Work Options
- Cabinet reviewed the KCTCS Discretionary Remote Work Policy and Procedure and the ECTC expectation for quality student learning, service and support.
- A flow chart is being developed to help supervisors assess whether or not an employee in their unit would be eligible for a remote work plan.
- Once Cabinet has developed a final draft of the remote work plan, College Council will review and provide feedback.
- A mini-grant program will be developed for faculty and staff, a guidelines draft will be presented to Cabinet for review with implementation beginning around January 2023.
SACSCOC 5-Year Review
- Sarah Edwards will speak with Cabinet in the near future to update us on what we need to do now to prepare for the SACSCOC 5-Year review.
- Currently, we are approximately 7,000 credit hours below where we were last year. The Advising department is continually booking appointments and assisting walk-ins.
Part-time Front Desk Position
- Cabinet discussed the possibility of having a person located at the front desk in the atrium on a part-time basis.
- ECTC Foundation and ECTC Board of Director members have been invited to the lunch at Kick-Off on August 8.
- A Community Breakfast has been scheduled for August 30. During this breakfast Dr. Pate will update the community on ECTC’s plans for the upcoming years.
- The Young Professionals Network will be on campus for their monthly luncheon on August 25.
Meeting adjourned at 10:45 a.m.
Respectfully submitted, Emily Allen (Executive Administrative Assistant)