September 6, 2022 - Cabinet Minutes
ECTC President's Cabinet Meeting
Tuesday, September 6, 2022
9:00 a.m. – RPC 200C, Board Room
|Mike Hazzard||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Brent Holsclaw||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Corina Langford||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Darrin Powell||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Whitney Taylor||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Megan Stith||Cabinet Member||Yes|
Student Success Hub
- Josh Druen, Director of Student Success, met with Cabinet members to discuss office moves in the Student Success Hub that would allow the departments within that area to flow and function more efficiently.
SACSCOC Annual Conference
- We are coming up on our 5-year SACSCOC review. Dr. Corina Langford, Chief Student Affairs Officer, and Darrin Powell, Interim Provost/CAO, will attend the annual SACSCOC Conference in Atlanta, GA with Sarah Edwards.
December Commencement Ceremony
- ECTC will not hold a December Commencement ceremony this year due to a low response from a survey sent out to all graduating students. However, we will hold our annual Commencement ceremony in May for all graduates from the 2022-2023 academic year.
Open and Appointed Committees
- Cabinet members were given the revised Open and Appointed Committee Membership lists and final revisions were made.
- Mike Hazzard gave Cabinet members a Handshake update. Handshake is the nation’s number one college-to-career network. “The goal is to help every student find a great job and build the foundations of a meaningful career, no matter who they are, where they’re from, or who they know.”
- Handshake partners with schools and employers from across the county and includes 1,300 + higher education institutions, over 9 million students and alumni, and 550K + employers.
- Handshake works to remove the barriers of geography, socio-economic status, gender, and ethnicity.
- Handshake is set to launch for ECTC students November 7, 2022.
Meeting adjourned at 10:53 a.m.
Respectfully submitted, Emily Allen (Executive Administrative Assistant)