JOIN OUR SUPPORTIVE COMMUNITY
We welcome international students from all over the world. Here’s how to apply to ECTC and start working toward a better future.
At ECTC, you’ll get a high-quality education at the lowest tuition rates in Kentucky. In small classes, you’ll get to know faculty who take a personal interest in your success.
Applying to ECTC as an international student is straightforward, and we’ll be with you every step of the way. Questions? Contact us. We look forward to meeting you!
Please submit your application and all supporting documents by the following dates. Late applications will be considered for the following semester:
- Fall Semester: June 15
- Spring Semester: October 1
- Summer Semester: February 15
You can apply to ECTC if you are at least 18 years old, have completed secondary school, and can demonstrate English language proficiency through one of the following methods:
Test scores of at least:
- TOEFL paper-based test: 500
- TOEFL internet-based test: 61
- MELAB: 73
Or successful completion of:
- Advanced level of the University of Louisville or Eastern Kentucky University Intensive
English Language Program
- Fifth level of the University of Kentucky English as a Second Language Program
- College-level English 101 and 102 (or the equivalent) at an American college with a grade of B or better
Documentation must have been obtained within 18 months prior to the first day of classes.
To apply to ECTC as an international student, please submit the following:
- The Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Your official, final transcripts from secondary school, translated into English.
- Course-by-course evaluations of any university coursework you’ve taken outside the
U.S. Evaluations should be done by a credentialing agency such as World Education Services or Global Credential Evaluators.
- Proof of English-language proficiency, as demonstrated by one of the methods listed under Admission Requirements.
- ACT or SAT scores or the results of placement testing.