Scholarship Application Process for 2020-2021!
ECTC and Central Kentucky Community Foundation (CKCF) have partnered to offer our scholarship applications online using the Scholarship Central Online Scholarship Application portal. Scholarship Central will allow students to apply for all of the ECTC and CKCF scholarship funds with one application!
Utilizing one application for all CKCF and ECTC scholarships will simplify the process for students and allow more eligible students to apply. The Scholarship Central online portal will also streamline the review and notification process so the college may alert students even faster that they will be receiving a scholarship award.
Scholarship Central allows students to:
- Learn what scholarships are available
- Review scholarships
- Complete the entire application online
- Upload required documents, such as essays and letters of recommendation
Scholarship Central will open on January 1, 2020! Students will be able to go online and set up an account with their email and password. Select the scholarship(s) and complete the application!
After the March 1, 2020 deadline has passed, the applications will be reviewed and recipients will be selected and notified.
The Central Kentucky Community Foundation has implemented a scholarship program called Scholarship Central. Scholarship Central is an online scholarship portal for students to apply for multiple local scholarships in one location, with one application. This year they have over $100,000 available in scholarship funds available to local students. Students planning to attend ECTC next academic year can use this site to apply for scholarships.
At present, the following scholarships are available to students planning to attend ECTC:
- Owen J. Estes Scholarship
- Martha Jane Hamilton Nursing Scholarship
- John Dink Scholarship
- Kelley Miller State Farm Scholarship
- J. R. and Carrie Edwards Scholarship
- Llewellyn Memorial Scholarship
- Central Kentucky Community Foundation ECTC Scholarship
- Central Kentucky Community Foundation ECTC Returning Student Scholarship
Students interested in applying should go to:
The application deadline is March 1st!!!
The Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES) is based on high school academic achievement. The KEES program provides scholarships to students who earn at least a 2.5 GPA each year they attend a certified Kentucky High School. The better they do in high school, the more they earn toward college. They may also earn awards for ACT/SAT scores and Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) test scores.
Home School and GED graduates may earn awards based on their ACT scores.
More information is available at KHEAA.
Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) Scholarship programs for Kentucky residents.
- Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES)
- Early Childhood Developmental Scholarship (ECDS)
- Mary Jo Young Scholarship
- Go Higher Grant (application)
- Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship
Listing of scholarships that are available in the state of Kentucky at KHEAA.
- Current enrollment in a Kentucky Postsecondary Institution and anticipated enrollment during the award period of the 2017-2018 academic year
- Registration for a minimum of six (6) credit hours per quarter/semester
- Undergraduate or Graduate student
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Must be a student with a disability, as verified by Disability Support Services Officer at the applicant's current postsecondary institution
Criteria on which the Scholarship Selection Committee will base their decision:
- Well articulated goals
- Academic achievement
- Disability-related leadership and service
- Completed Application
- Completed Verification of Eligibility Form
- applicant must meet with Noel Helm for verification
- Room: 129A RPC Building
- Phone: (270) 706-8455
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- applicant must meet with Noel Helm for verification
- Personal statement
- Two letters of support
- Transcript(s) of all postsecondary grades
- All application materials must be received by the Scholarship Selection Committee by April 3, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Send application materials to:
- KY AHEAD Scholarship Selection Committee
c/o Veronica Miller
Disability Support Services
Bluegrass Community and Technical College
470 Cooper Drive, 320C Oswald Building
Lexington, KY 40506-0235
Fax: (859) 246-4678
- Scholarship applicants will be notified of their award status by May 3, 2017. Two $500 scholarships will be awarded.
- Questions may be directed to Veronica Miller at email@example.com or (859) 246-6535.
OTHER KENTUCKY STATE SCHOLARSHIPS
Listing of scholarships that are available in the state of Kentucky.
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program offers grants for U.S. citizen undergraduate students of limited financial means to pursue academic studies or credit-bearing, career-oriented internships abroad. Such international exchange is intended to better prepare U.S. students to assume significant roles in an increasingly global economy and interdependent world.
Donovan Scholar Waiver
Donovan Scholarships are available for lifelong learners, age 65 and over, to attend college for free. If you are eligible for this waiver, please contact the Welcome Center and complete an application for admission to the College. You will also need to submit a copy of your driver’s license in order for the waiver to be applied. The wavier is for tuition only and does not cover books or digital fees.
A Donovan Scholar can take classes for credit or audit.
- Degree seeking students are required to complete an on-line orientation session prior to enrolling.
- Placement Tests and/or official transcripts from previous colleges attended may be required for degree seeking students depending on course prerequisites.
- There are no exams or assignments required for students who audit a class.
For further information contact the Welcome Center at: (270) 706-8800 or (877) 246-2322 extension 68800.
- Adopted and foster children. The foster tuition waiver is completed and submitted to the ECTC financial aid office. (KRS 164.2847)
- Dependents of deceased employees participating in state-administered retirement systems (KRS 164.2841)
- Dependents of disabled employees participating in state-administered retirement systems (KRS 164.2842)
- Dependents of deceased or disabled Kentucky law enforcement officers and firefighters (KRS 164.2841)
- Dependents of deceased or totally disabled Kentucky veterans (KRS 164.505, KRS 164.507, KRS 164.512, KRS 164.515)