Elizabethtown Community and Technical College will be the provider of choice for transfer, technical, workforce, and lifelong education among those we serve and will be recognized as one of the best community and technical colleges in the nation.
- Our institutional mission and strive to fulfill that mission through strategic goals and objectives.
- Quality educational programs and services that we promote through continuous quality improvement.
- Excellence in teaching and learning that we deliver during the college experience and enhance through diversity, inclusiveness, integrity, and collegiality.
- A positive culture that fosters mutual respect and trust for those who use college programs and services and promote this atmosphere through open communication.
- Open access to education and pursue this through responsive delivery of educational programs and services.
- A caring and committed college environment leading to success and lifelong learning and demonstrate this through our commitment to those we serve.
- An environment that recognizes and respects cultural diversity by recognizing and being responsive to individual needs
Our Mission Statement
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College, a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, is a comprehensive, open-access, public two-year degree granting institution, responding to and serving the needs of our diverse communities. Through a progressive teaching and learning environment, the college provides opportunities for students to prepare to live and work in a dynamic world.
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College accomplishes its mission by providing:
- Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs which provide students with the opportunity to transfer to a baccalaureate degree-granting institution.
- Associate in Applied Science degree, diploma, and certificate programs as well as courses to prepare students to excel in a competitive, global work force.
- Continuing and life-long education, short-term customized training for business and industry, designed to proactively strengthen the work force and expand the skill sets, knowledge, and cultural enrichment of the community.
- Developmental education courses designed to enhance the probability of success in academic and technical courses.
- Associated services that support student development and success such as academic advising, library services, individualized tutoring, assessment, career counseling, and activities which provide opportunities for enrichment of student life.
2016-2022 Strategic Plan
Raise the level of educational attainment in the Commonwealth by positioning ECTC as the accessible, affordable, and relevant post-secondary education choice for Kentuckians residing in the College s service region.
- Identify and implement new transfer, technical, workforce education programs.
- Implement proactive advising.
- Refine the curriculum to align with business and industry needs.
- Deploy innovative instructional delivery options.
- Refine the curriculum to be reflective and inclusive of our current student populations.
- Grow diversity outreach.
- Establish an institutional brand that complements the KCTCS brand, yet differentiates ECTC.
Increase access and success for ECTC students, particularly among traditionally under-served populations.
- Engage in academic and academic support activities that improve college and career readiness.
- Targeted support for first time college students and under-represented minority (URM) students.
- Advance a comprehensive Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Plan.
- Offer transfer-related advising and support opportunities.
- Implement a student mental health counseling program.
- Implement an Open Educational Resources (OER) program.
- Offer free of charge faculty-led pre-licensure exam preparation.
Develop clear pathways through all levels of post-secondary education with an emphasis on experiential learning that lead to successful employment outcomes for ECTC graduates.
- Offer a credit-bearing FYE course.
- Implement Guided Pathways.
- Implement Experiential Learning across the curriculum.
- Develop semester-by-semester transfer guides.
- Offer peer-to-peer mentoring opportunities.
- Eliminate student self-enrollment and self-drop/add.
Improve student engagement, support, experiences, and success by utilizing best practices in academic and student services.
- Establish robust student support systems including proactive advising and career-focused experiences.
- Centralized recruitment activities.
- Extend tutoring and Supplemental Instruction hours.
- Expand student access to academic support services and resources.
- Implement online tutoring.
- Launch a Teaching Excellence center for faculty.
Align programs and curricula with needs of employers that enhance the employability, job placement, and career development of ECTC graduates.
- Grow partnerships with business and industry.
- Expand on-the-job learning experiences, apprenticeship, Co-op, and practicum experiences.
- Expand project-based and other career-focused learning experiences.
- Implement program and discipline-specific exploration events and resources.
- More fully implement credit for prior learning.
- More fully implement life experience credit programs.