Free Tax Preparation
Why pay for something you can get for free? FREE Tax preparation is available for taxpayers with a household income of less than $58,000.
PLUS many taxpayers may qualify for credits that could generate a larger refund, that
s more money for you!
The goal of the free tax preparation sites is to ensure that more eligible households receive their full refunds rather than paying preparation fees that can cost between $100 and $200!
Don t leave money on the table are you eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)? The average EITC award was around $2000 and as many as 20% of eligible filers did not claim EITC benefits.
This year, working families with three or more children and an income less than $52,427 (if married and filing a joint return) may be eligible for a maximum Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) of $6,143.
File your taxes, claim your earned credits and get the refund owed to you!
To get started and learn more about FREE tax services available online or in-person or call 1-855-MY-TX-HELP (1-855-698-9435) for assistance by phone.
Want to schedule an appointment for in-person tax preparation services?
Find a list of free tax filing centers in your area.
Filers must bring the following documents to their appointment:
- Photo ID and social security card for each person on the return
- All W-2 and/or 1099 forms
- Payments for child care expenses (plus name, address, EIN, or SSN of child care provider),
- Form 1098-T (if applicable)
- Student loan interest paid in 2013
- Mortgage and property tax information
- Routing and account information for direct deposit
- Copy of your 2012 tax return (if available)