Veteran Affairs

General Information

We are one of only a couple of KCTCS colleges in the state that has a close working relationship with our military community. ECTC has more than 30 career-oriented programs. These programs include training in Business, Education, Health Services and Sciences, Industrial and Technical occupations, Human Services, and Criminal Justice.

ECTC Veterans Affairs is staffed by full-time college employees and VA Work Study students whose mission is to assist you while at ECTC. We can help you with VA forms and act as a liaison between you and the VA Regional Offices to answer questions and solve problems. Veterans Affairs is not affiliated with the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.

This web site does not include all educational and other VA benefit programs, but it does provide an introduction to the education services and benefits provided by Elizabethtown Community and Technical College, Veterans Affairs, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to veterans and their dependents. For further information or assistance, please contact us.

Release of the VA benefit information

Veterans Affairs will not release your VA benefit information to any person, (including your parents or your spouse) or to any organization without your prior written consent. However, limited information about your GI Bill benefits may be released to Federal and State agencies and to certain offices within the college. Your VA benefit information includes payment amounts and the dates of payments. If you want your spouse, parents or any outside agency to be able to make VA benefit inquiries on your behalf, you MUST submit a letter requesting release to the Veterans Affairs office. If you have any questions about the release of VA information, please contact Veterans Affairs.

Admission to the college

The Veterans Affairs office can help you with your application for admission to ECTC and with your application for VA education benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans Affairs will not process applications for VA education assistance unless you have a current application on file and have been accepted into an educational program.

Possible options in payment procedures, enrollment certification, etc. will be explained at the time you make application for veterans educational assistance. You should contact Veterans Affairs at least 60 days prior to your anticipated starting date to allow for processing time by the ECTC Veterans Affairs office and the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Credit for prior training and experience

You are required to have your prior educational training and experience evaluated. The evaluation will include training and experience received while you were on active duty and/or for any course(s) taken at an approved educational institution, even if the training or course(s) were not paid by VA. The ECTC Registrar will review your records and grant any credit that meets graduation requirements in your current major. Credit granted will become part of your official ECTC transcript.

Additional Links

Contact Information

Veterans Affairs hours are from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. (Eastern Daylight Time)
KCTCS/Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
Veteran Affairs Office
RPC 1st Floor Room 110
600 College Street Road
Elizabethtown, KY. 42701
(270) 706-8815 or (877) 246-2322 extension 68815
FAX (270) 769-0736