Choose a Rewarding Career!
The Business Administration program prepares students for a variety of careers in business. A core curriculum provides students with a foundation of knowledge applicable to any business career.
What are my career choices?
At ECTC, the Business Administration program offers Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degrees, diplomas and a variety of certificates in the areas of Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Financial Perspectives, General Business, Human Resource Management, Leadership, Management, Real Estate Management, Small Business Management, and Team Leadership. The curriculum is designed for those who seek entry level jobs, as well as for currently employed individuals wishing to enhance their skills.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Degrees and Transfers
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree in Business Administration - Accounting Track
- AAS Degree in Business Administration - Hospitality Management Track
- AAS Degree in Business Administration - Human Resource Management Track
- AAS Degree in Business Administration - Management Track
- AAS Degree in Business Administration - Real Estate Management Track
Typically, AAS degrees are not transfer degrees. But Campbellsville University and Midway College offer bachelor's degree where students can transfer their business management AAS classes plus additional general education classes and work toward a bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
- AAS in Business Administration transfer to Campbellsville University
- AAS in Business Administration transfer to Midway University
Be aware that the most direct route to a bachelor's degree in business is likely to get an Associate in Arts degree instead of an AAS, especially if you want to transfer to another four-year school or get a finance, accounting, equine science or more specific type of business degree. See the ECTC Transfer page for more information and AA transfer plans specific to particular transfer schools.
- Accounting Certificate
- Accounting Recordkeeping Specialist Certificate
- Advanced Business Administration Certificate
- Business Transfer Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Financial Perspectives Certificate
- General Business Certificate
- Human Resource Management Certificate
- Leadership Certificate
- Management Certificate
- Payroll Accounting Specialist Certificate
- Pre-licensing Real Estate Certificate
- Residential Real Estate Certificate
- Sales Certificate
- Small Business Management Certificate
- Supervisory Management Certificate
- Team Leadership Certificate
Where do I start?
Apply for admission to ECTC to receive information from the Admissions Office about submitting your placement test scores (ACT or other exams) and to schedule a meeting with an advisor to register for your classes.
Length of Program
You can earn an Associate in Applied Science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.