Whether you’re a high school student, a returning student or just looking to take a class on the side, following these steps will make your admissions experience easy!
Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
To get started you'll need:
- Your Social Security number.
- An email address that we can use to contact you (preferably not a high school email).
- Name and address of the high school and any colleges you have attended (including
for dual credit).
Start Your Application
At ECTC, we believe no one should miss out on a college education because they think they can't afford it. That's why we offer the lowest tuition in the state.
Federal and state aid programs are available to help many students with college expenses. Complete the FAFSA early to apply for all possible financial aid opportunities. Scholarships can also play a role in paying for college, make sure to check out those offered by the college and in your local community.
To help you, we've broken the process of paying for college into three easy steps.
Use these steps to get email@example.com your transcripts as soon as possible.
For high school transcripts, order them on parchment.com.
- If you are still in high school, mark that your final transcript will be sent once graduation is complete.
- Make sure you choose Elizabethtown, KY. A common mistake is to choose Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
Any Non-KCTCS College Transcripts can be ordered on studentclearinghouse.org.
- We need official transcripts from all colleges you've attended, including those that appear on your high school transcript for Dual Credit.
The current placement policy effective Fall 2022 allows the following:
- Placement in courses based on your final high school GPA.
- Placement in courses based on GED scores less than four years old, with a scores of 165 or higher in both Language Arts and Math.
- Placement in courses based on placement assessment scores less than four years old (ACT, Accuplacer, ALEKS PPL, KYOTE, SAT, Wonderlic, Tabe 9/10-A, EdReady, ASSET). Students needing to take a placement assessment for enrollment can do so at the Assessment Center, which provides free assessment using Accuplacer for English, and KYOTE for math and reading.
- Bypassing testing if Math, English, and 12 credit hours of general education courses have been previously earned.
- Bypassing testing if AP credit has been earned.
Once your admission file is complete, you will be “Ready to Enroll” (RTE) and we will send you a link to schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor and select your classes. If you think you are RTE but haven’t received the link, email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you are RTE. If you are confirmed to be RTE, we will email you the link to schedule your advising appointment.
Payments can be made at the ECTC Business Affairs Office Room 107 Regional Post Secondary Bldg. (RPC) at ECTC's main campus. E-check or credit card payments are accepted online through your Student Self-Service portal.
Do you need a Payment Plan? We offer the NelNet tuition payment plan. To find out more, login to your Student Self-Service account and view the payment options section. There is a $25.00 non-refundable processing fee per semester to set up the payment plan for automatic withdrawal. The earlier you sign up the less your down payment will be. Please contact the Business Affairs Office for details.
Questions? Contact us at 270-706-8722 or ECTCBusinessOffice@kctcs.edu.
The ECTC Campus Bookstore is operated by Barnes & Noble College and provides our students with a great selection of rental, digital, and used textbooks. If you need assistance, please feel free to contact the bookstore at 270-706-8731 or at email@example.com.
We will send you information on our orientation process via email. Make sure you sign up! Students who attend orientation are historically more successful!
Meet Your Admissions Team
Need Help Getting Started?
If you have questions about admissions, transcripts, courses or financial aid, feel free to connect with a member of our admissions team!