ECTC partners with school districts to host dual credit nights
Published on Aug 23, 2023
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College will host six dual credit informational events throughout September for current and future dual credit students and parents.
“Dual Credit Nights are an opportunity for parents and students to learn all aspects of dual credit at ECTC, from the classes offered, to billing and scholarships, to the ECTC resources available to dual credit students,” said Chrissie Angell, dual credit coordinator at ECTC.
Each Dual Credit Night will host one school district. Students must register in advance and provide the number of parents/guardians attending with them. A light meal will be provided. Space is limited, so be sure to register as soon as possible.
Select the appropriate link below to register for your district’s event.
- Elizabethtown Independent Schools, 5-7 p.m., Sept. 5, Elizabethtown Campus, James S. Owen Building (JSO)
- Meade County Schools, 5-7 p.m., Sept. 18, Meade County Center/Meade County High School
- Hardin County Schools, 5-7 p.m., Sept. 19, Elizabethtown Campus, Regional Postsecondary Center (RPC)
- Washington County Schools, 5-6:30 p.m., Sept. 20, Springfield Campus
- Grayson County Schools, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Sept. 26, Leitchfield Campus
- Nelson County Schools, 5-7 p.m., Sept. 28, Elizabethtown Campus, James S. Owen Building (JSO)
Dual Credit Nights, made possible by grant funding from the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education, will include the following sessions.
- Dual Credit 101: Understanding the basics of dual credit
- Tips for Success: Navigating college and how we’re here to help
- Making Dual Credit Work for You: Transferring ECTC credits to four-year colleges and universities
- Paying for Dual Credit: Billing and scholarships
- Helping your Student Succeed: Tips for parents to help their high school students transition and excel in college classes
- Campus tour (Elizabethtown campus, other locations vary)