IECE Selective Admission Requirements
The Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Educator must be able to assume complete responsibility for working with groups of children in day care or preschool settings.
By the specified deadlines, students enrolled in any IECE course must submit or have on file the following:
- satisfactory skin test or x-ray results for tuberculosis (TB);
- evidence of KCTCS liability insurance; and
- security checks required by the Office of the Inspector General Division of Licensed Child Care, Cabinet for Health Services, Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Selection of students for the Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (IECE) Program will be made by a selection committee appointed for that purpose. Membership of the committee may include the following:
- IECE Coordinator
- IECE Faculty Member
- Behavioral and Social Sciences Division Chairperson
- Admissions Officer
- General Education Faculty Member
Each applicant must submit the following to the Admissions Office by March 1 to be considered for fall semester or October 1 for spring semester. (The president or designee may extend the dates if necessary):
- An IECE Admissions form
- A signed Statement of Confidentially
- A signed Statement of Understanding
- An essay explaining interest in the IECE career
In addition, each applicant must attend a pre-admissions conference.
A student must be admitted to the IECE Program before IECE 291--Externship/Co-op in Early Childhood Education can be taken.
The IECE Admissions Committee may give preference to a student with:
- A grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
- Score of 18 on the ACT English or equivalent score on the COMPASS, Nelson Denny or SAT