Appealing Suspension or Expulsion from ECTC
APPEAL OF SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION TO THE KCTCS BOARD OF REGENTS
Pursuant to KRS 164.370, students may appeal a sanction of suspension or expulsion to the KCTCS Board of Regents.
- Before an appeal can be submitted to the Board of Regents, the student must exhaust all available remedies by using all applicable appeal processes in this Code.
- The student has 30 calendar days from the completion of the final applicable appeal process to submit an appeal in writing to the KCTCS Board of Regents in care of the KCTCS President.
- Upon receipt of an appeal, the KCTCS President shall forward the appeal document to the Office of General Counsel. The Office of General Counsel shall conduct a review of the record related to the suspension or expulsion, and may conduct additional fact finding if warranted. The Office of General Counsel shall prepare a Report of Findings.
- The appeal shall be heard by a three-person panel (appointed by the KCTCS President) consisting of the KCTCS Vice President responsible for Student Services, the Chair of the Education Committee of the KCTCS Board of Regents, and one of the student members of the KCTCS Board of Regents. The panel members shall review the Report of Findings then meet, with the option to use video conferencing, with a representative of the Office of General Counsel to finalize a recommendation, which will be acted upon by the full Board of Regents at the next scheduled meeting.
- The student shall be notified in writing of the recommendation of the panel and of the date the full Board will take action on the recommendation. Once the Board has taken action, the student will receive written notice of the final decision.