February 28, 2023 - Cabinet Minutes
ECTC President's Cabinet Retreat
Tuesday, February 28, 2023
9:00 a.m. – RPC 200C, Board Room
|Mike Hazzard||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Brent Holsclaw||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Dr. Corina Langford||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Darrin Powell||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Whitney Taylor||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Megan Stith||Cabinet Member||No|
Human Resources Update
- Ms. Lilian Lawson and Shannon Hall met with Cabinet members to provide an update on the HR office. Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats were reviewed and discussed.
- A Human Resources dashboard was shared with Cabinet members that shows our DEI, average age of employees, employees eligible to retiree in 2023 and in the next 5 years, number of faculty vs. staff, diverse employees hired since the beginning of the new fiscal year, average years of service, etc.
Face-to-face vs. Online Classes
- Mr. Darrin Powell discussed with Cabinet members the percentage of face-to-face vs. online classes.
- Face-to-face vs. online general education classes are pretty evenly split.
- 60% of all classes are face-to-face and 40% are online.
- Mr. Joe Mattingly met with Cabinet to provide an update on where our current draft budget stands.
- The budget will be entered April 1, 2023.
Emergency Operations Procedure
- A document detailing the protocol for an Active Shooter was distributed to Cabinet members.
- On April 14, 2023 a budget update will be held for all faculty and staff and a safety update will be included as well.
Student Success Plan
- Dr. Langford reviewed with Cabinet members the draft ECTC Student Success Plan she and Megan Stith developed. The plan includes strategies/goals, target populations, tactics, action plan, and measurements for each strategy/goal.
Meeting adjourned at 12:05 p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Emily Allen (Executive Administrative Assistant)