March 7, 2023 - Cabinet Minutes
ECTC President's Cabinet Retreat
Tuesday, March 7, 2023
9:00 a.m. – RPC 200C, Board Room
|Mike Hazzard||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Brent Holsclaw||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Dr. Corina Langford||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Darrin Powell||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Whitney Taylor||Cabinet Member||Yes|
|Megan Stith||Cabinet Member||Yes|
Financial Aid Update
- Mr. Michael Barlow met with Cabinet members to give an update on the Financial Aid office.
- In 2022-2023, $8,281,770 in Institutional Scholarships were awarded to students.
- In 2022-2023, Federal and Alternative Loans were as follows:
- Federal Student Loans - $3,425,188
- Federal Parent PLUS Loan - $4,001
- Alternative Loans - $42,036
- In 2022-2023, 514 students have been awarded the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship and the total amount awarded thus far is $1,437,922.
- Our FAFSA numbers are steadily increasing each year since 2021.
- Since July 1, 2022, Financial Aid outreach activities have included FAFSA Fridays, recruitment events, ECTC Scholarship Days, etc.
- 2022-2023 Financial Aid office goals include:
- Increase FAFSA numbers
- Increase the number of scholarship applications
- Exceed previous Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship funding and student usage
- Implement new OnBase SAP appeal process
- Increase student communication
- Establish student benefitting partnerships
Innovation Grant Applications
- Cabinet members will take the next week to review Innovation Grant applications and will discuss all proposals and possibly make recommendations during the next Cabinet meeting on March 14.
Student Success Plan
- Dr. Langford updated Cabinet members on the Student Success Plan strategies for implementation and distributed copies of a draft “playbook” and a synopsis of the Student Success Plan.
Meeting adjourned at 10:35 a.m.
Respectfully submitted, Emily Allen (Executive Administrative Assistant)