Residency Information | ECTC

Residency Information

Where you're from can have an impact on the cost of your tuition. KCTCS tuition and charges are based on whether you are a Kentucky resident, non-Kentucky resident, or a resident of bordering state.

Want to be considered a Kentucky resident? A student who has been listed as a non-Kentucky resident can apply for a change in status by filling out the Application for Residency.  Find more information in our Residency Help Guide.

For questions regarding Residency status, please call 855-746-3282.

On the admissions application, there are questions relating to residency. How you answer these questions determines if you are identified as a Kentucky resident or an out-of-state resident.

If it is determined that you are an out-of-state resident and you wish to apply for in-state residency, you will need to complete and submit the notarized affidavit, along with supporting documentation, to the Welcome and Admissions Office.