Financing Study Abroad | ECTC

Financing Study Abroad

Students who wish to participate in a study abroad program approved by ECTC must speak with a financial aid counselor so their eligibility may be determined. Grants and student loans may be used to cover study abroad expenses if eligibility permits.

If you wish to use your ECTC financial aid to help pay for a study abroad program, here are the steps you will need to follow:

  • Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • A consortium agreement may be required before aid can be considered for classes taken as part of a study abroad program. The Student Financial Aid Office will contact you via your KCTCS email if this is needed.
  • Meet with your academic advisor to verify the study abroad course is required as part of your degree plan at ECTC.
  • Meet with campus study abroad representatives to explore the best study abroad options available.

Contact Information

KCTCS/Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
Financial Aid Office
RPC 1st Floor Room 105
610 College Street Road Elizabethtown, KY 42701
1-855-746-3282 24/7/365
FAX 270-769-0736