Upward Bound Math & Science (UBMS)
About Upward Bound Math & Science
The Upward Bound Math and Science program (UBMS) at Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (ECTC) is a FREE federally funded program designed to provide services to 60 eligible secondary school students at one of the following high schools: LaRue County HS, Nelson County HS, Thomas Nelson HS, North Hardin HS, and Washington County HS. The UBMS program enables students to generate the skills, motivation, and self-confidence necessary to succeed in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) related academic programs and careers beyond high school. Students will participate in academic, social, recreational, and cultural activities designed to inspire, motivate, and prepare them to persist and be successful in secondary education, navigate the college admissions process, and complete a postsecondary education program.
The limits are endless with UBMS!
- Summer Academy Program - A six-week Summer, non-residential program is provided on the main campus of ECTC
to simulate a college-going experience. The program includes:
- Outings (College visits, STEM enrichment field trips, and more)
- Daily Breakfast
- Fun Activities
- Transportation Included
- Summer Bridge Program - A perfect program for graduating high school Seniors! This program offers two free transferrable college classes at ECTC's main campus to students during the Summer semester.
UBMS Program Participants Must ...
- Be a rising high school Freshman through graduating Senior
- Attend or live near the following schools
- North Hardin High School
- LaRue County High School
- Nelson County High School
- Thomas Nelson High School
- Washington County High School
To be considered for the program ...
- Verify qualifications by completing this eligibility application
- Complete the UBMS application
- Ask two teachers to complete a recommendation form
- Monitor your email for communication from our team
** If you have any questions or concerns about the UBMS Program, your eligibility, or your application status please call our office at 270-706-8578.
Participants served will have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
Participants will achieve at the proficient level on state assessments in reading/language arts and math.
Participants will continue in school for the next academic year at the next grade level OR will have graduated from secondary school with a regular diploma.
Participants will complete a rigorous secondary school program of study (AP, Advanced classes, or dual credit opportunities, etc.) and graduate from high school in the year they were expected to graduate upon entry into Upward Bound.
Participants will enroll in a program of post-secondary education by the fall term immediately following their high school graduation OR have a letter of acceptance but deferred enrollment until the spring semester.
Participants will attain either an Associate's or Bachelor's degree within six years following high school graduation.`
Contact InformationKahala Glover Program Advisor Elizabethtown Community and Technical College 270-706-8578 email@example.com