Transfer from ECTC | ECTC

Transfer from ECTC

Transfer Center

The Transfer Center is designed to assist ECTC students with transfer to a four-year institution. Let our center demystify the process with information about the courses you should take before transferring, planned visits to four-year campuses, and how and when to apply to four-year colleges for enrollment, scholarships and housing.

Get started here!

Why should I start at ECTC before transferring?

When you start here, you can go anywhere or even stay here with our University Center partners to get your bachelor’s degree. When you earn an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree, you will be General Education Certified. That ensures you will not have to take additional general education courses at the four-year institution you transfer to, saving you money and time.

Recent studies show that ECTC graduates are actually much more likely to complete a degree at a four-year school than students who started out as freshmen at that school. We prepare you for what's ahead.

But you need to pick a major and a transfer college as soon as you can so you can take the prerequisite courses for your major while you're fulfilling your AA or AS degree requirements. That way you won't have to take more classes later.

Degrees and Transfers

Transfer Guidance

  • Transfer Partners and Guides 
    KCTCS system-wide transfer agreements have been established with four-year colleges and universities and are available in a number of different program areas/majors. The transfer agreements create a pathway for students to a comparable program at a specific four-year college or university. You'll find information by school or program to help you determine what courses you should take to give you a seamless transfer experience.

  • Transcripts 
    A transcript is the complete record of your academic work at ECTC, including your classes, your grades, and any credentials earned. You’ll need an official transcript to transfer to another college or university, and you might need one if you’re applying for a job.

  • Transfer Toolbox 
    Learn how to make your transfer experience as smooth as possible.

University Center Partners - StaRT Here, Stay Here!

The University Center physical location will be open soon, but did you know you can get your bachelor’s degree in Elizabethtown now? The University Center is always looking for postsecondary partners that provide high-demand bachelor’s and master’s degree programs to the Central Kentucky region.

Campbellsville University logo
Lindsey Wilson College logo
Western Kentucky University (WKU) logo

We are proud of our current partnerships that provide local pathways to bachelors’ degrees. ECTC University Center partner institutions and programs include:

  • Campbellsville University is an in-person bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education.
  • Lindsey Wilson College will offer a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting and Human Resource Management and a bachelor’s degree in Human Services/Counseling in person starting Fall 2024.
  • Western Kentucky University offers 11 bachelor’s degrees In-Person/synchronous entirely or partially in-person/synchronous supplemented with online courses.
    • Elementary Education
    • Elementary Education with dual certification in Special Education
    • Middle Grades Education
    • Psychology
    • Health Sciences
    • Public Health
    • Social Work
    • Interdisciplinary Studies
    • Management - Business Administration
    • Criminology
    • Sociology

Contact Information

KCTCS/Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
Transfer Services
LRC 105
600 College Street Road
Elizabethtown, KY. 42701
(270) 706-8485 or (877) 246-2322 extension 68485