Transfer from ECTC
The Transfer Center is designed to assist ECTC students with transfer to a four-year institution. Let our center demystify the process with information about the courses you should take before transferring, planned visits to four-year campuses, and how and when to apply to four-year colleges for enrollment, scholarships and housing.
Why should I start at ECTC before transferring?
When you start here, you can go anywhere. When you earn an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree, you will be General Education Certified. That ensures you will not have to take additional general education courses at the four-year institution you transfer to, saving you money and time.
Recent studies show that ECTC graduates are actually much more likely to complete a degree at a four-year school than students who started out as freshmen at that school. We prepare you for what's ahead.
But you need to pick a major and a transfer college as soon as you can so you can take the prerequisite courses for your major while you're fulfilling your AA or AS degree requirements. That way you won't have to take more classes later.
Degrees and Transfers
- Associate in Arts Degree (PDF)
- Associate in Arts Degree for students beginning Fall 2019 (PDF)
- Associate in Science Degree (PDF)
- Associate in Science Degree for students beginning Fall 2019 (PDF)
- Transfer Guides
KCTCS system-wide transfer agreements have been established with four-year colleges and universities and are available in a number of different program areas/majors. The transfer agreements create a pathway for students to a comparable program at a specific four-year college or university. You'll find information by school or program to help you determine what courses you should take to give you a seamless transfer experience.
A transcript is the complete record of your academic work at ECTC, including your classes, your grades, and any credentials earned. You’ll need an official transcript to transfer to another college or university, and you might need one if you’re applying for a job.
- Transfer Toolbox
Learn how to make your transfer experience as smooth as possible.
University Center Partners
The University Center is coming soon at Elizabethtown Community and Technical College as a consortium of postsecondary partners that provide high-demand bachelor's and master's degree programs to the Central Kentucky region.
We are proud to announce new partnerships that will provide a local pathway to bachelor’s degrees that align with in-demand career fields. ECTC University Center partner institutions and programs include:
- Eastern Kentucky University is offering its nationally recognized bachelor’s degree in criminal justice.
- Lindsey Wilson College will offer a bachelor’s degree in business administration with concentrations in accounting and human resource management and a bachelor’s degree in human services/counseling.
- Spalding University will allow registered nurses to earn a Bachelor of Science in nursing.
- Western Kentucky University, a longtime ECTC partner, will offer all programs at the Elizabethtown campus.
Contact InformationKCTCS/Elizabethtown Community and Technical College Advising Center ~ Transfer Services RPC 1st Floor Room 106 600 College Street Road Elizabethtown, KY. 42701 (270) 706-8695 or (877) 246-2322 extension 68695 ECTCAdvising@kctcs.edu