Advising & CLASS Registration
Now Registering for Classes starting January 8 and March 11!
- Walk-in between 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Eastern, M-F, start at room RPC 101/Welcome & Admissions Center.
- Or sign up for an appointment with an advisor on main campus (you need to be Ready to Enroll, if you’re not sure, please call 270-706-8801 or Walk-in). Phone and video appointments are available. Advisor availability is listed.
- Or please call our extended campuses for specific times and appointments:
- Leitchfield Campus: (270) 259-1540
- Springfield Campus: (859) 336-1361
- Fort Knox Center: (270) 706-8858
Contact your assigned advisor (as listed in Student Self-Service and Starfish) and schedule an appointment to sign up for courses.
Walk-in to Room 101 RPC/Welcome & Admissions, M-F 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Eastern to get started.
Do you prefer an appointment? Phone, Video and In-Person options available?
- Have you (re)applied to the college?
- Have you received notice from Admissions that you are “ready to enroll?”
If no to either, please reapply or contact Admissions to get to Ready to Enroll status.
If yes, then Sign up with a main campus advisor. Advisor availability is listed.
- Appointments are in Eastern Time Zone - If your phone is set up with a different time zone, text messaging reminders will show appointment times per your phone’s time zone.
- Your appointment is not valid until you receive a confirmation email.
Meet our team
|Advising Team Member||Title/Role|
Academic Advisor/Success Coach
Academic Advisor/Success Coach
To Check your program requirements:
- Check any Transfer Requirements if you plan to transfer.
- Search for classes in your student-self service account.
- After logging in, click the Student Center tile. Then click the top right button titled Search for Classes.
- Write down the four-digit (summer) or five-digit (fall) class numbers that you want to enroll in.
- Enter the class numbers into the schedule form.
- If you prefer, you can schedule an appointment with your assigned program advisor as well.
TO COMPLETE A CHANGE REQUEST FOR YOUR MAJOR:
- Login to your student self-service.
- Select the "Academic Records" tile.
- On the left hand menu select Change Major.
- To choose your major, select the magnifying glass in the search bar to search all options. If you need to select a program track or sub-plan, additional search bars will appear until you've selected the appropriate major.
- Be sure to submit the form using the green submit button at the bottom of the screen.
Additional Advising Services
Dual Credit Advising
If you are currently attending high school and taking college classes, please contact: Dual Credit Advising: ECTCDualCredit@kctcs.edu or Ashley Tollefson: (270) 706-8471 or Elizabeth Bitner: (270) 706-8631. Find info about Dual Credit.
Academic Probation Advising
Students with a cumulative GPA of less than 2.0 will be placed on academic probation. If you have been placed on academic probation, or fear that you might fall below a 2.0 GPA, contact the Advising Center to meet with a staff advisor. An advisor can help you determine your best course of action to get back in good standing.
Lifelong Learners/Donovan Scholars
Individuals age 65+ are eligible for a tuition and fees waiver to take courses at ECTC. To apply, you will begin in our Welcome Center. Once you have completed all admissions steps, you may contact the Advising Center to meet with an advisor to schedule your courses. The Advising Center contact information is located at the bottom of this page.
What if I can't get an appointment with my advisor, don't have an assigned advisor, or have another advising issue?
Contact the Advising Center or come by to see an advisor.