How do I meet with my advisor?
Each advisor has a preferred method of contact. Below are the most common ways in which you can reach your advisor.
- Starfish (includes instructions on how to schedule an appointment via Starfish and locate your Success Network)
- Email (locate your advisor's information in your Starfish Success Network)
- Phone (locate your advisor's information in your Starfish Success Network)
- Door sign-up sheet (advisors utilizing this method will have a paper sign-in sheet on their office door)
- No assigned advisor? Contact the Advising Center
When can I register for classes?
Priority Registration (This is the best time to register for the next semester!)
Priority registration occurs on the dates below for each semester. During this time, students should schedule an appointment using a method mentioned above to meet with their assigned advisor.
Fall: March 1st
Spring: October 1st
Summer: March 1st
Open Registration (begins around finals, still a good time to enroll in classes)
During this time many faculty advisors are on winter/summer break. You will need to meet with a professional staff advisor to enroll in courses.
To schedule an appointment:Contact us by phone: 270-706-8695 Visit us on campus: 1st floor RPC, room 106 Contact us by email: ECTCadvising@kctcs.edu
Arena/Express Registration (last chance to get in courses before a semester starts)
During these events students will meet with an advisor on a first-come, first-served basis. When possible, we encourage that students utilize priority or open registration periods for the best advising experience.
Arena/Express Registration events are announced via local media, on-campus signage, and Facebook. Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ElizabethtownCTC/.
TO COMPLETE A CHANGE REQUEST FOR YOUR MAJOR:
- Login to your student self-service.
- Select the "Academic Records" tile.
- On the left hand menu select Change Major.
- To choose your major, select the magnifying glass in the search bar to search all options. If you need to select a program track or sub-plan, additional search bars will appear until you've selected the appropriate major.
- Be sure to submit the form using the green submit button at the bottom of the screen.
Additional Advising Services
The ECTC Advising Center hosts several colleges each semester for transfer advising. To schedule an appointment with a transfer institution please contact the Advising Center using the information at the bottom of this page.
Academic Probation Advising
Students with a cumulative GPA of less than 2.0 will be placed on academic probation. If you have been placed on academic probation, or fear that you might fall below a 2.0 GPA, contact the Advising Center to meet with a staff advisor. An advisor can help you determine your best course of action to get back in good standing.
Lifelong Learners/Donovan Scholars
Individuals age 65+ are eligible for a tuition and fees waiver to take courses at ECTC. To apply, you will begin in our Welcome Center. Once you have completed all admissions steps, you may contact the Advising Center to meet with an advisor to schedule your courses. The Advising Center contact information is located at the bottom of this page.
What if I can't get an appointment with my advisor, don't have an assigned advisor, or have another advising issue?
Contact the Advising Center.