Records Office | ECTC

Records Office

Student Records Information

The Records Office personnel are here to help you whenever you need assistance. You will find some resources here that you need or you can stop by our office and we will be glad to help.

Online Information

You may be able to access the information you need via the PeopleSoft Student Self-Service portal. Just login using your student ID and password and browse through the information available to you there. If there are changes that need to be made in any of your online records, you may need to contact us and we can direct you as to the proper procedure or forms you will need.

Student Records Forms

  • Academic Bankruptcy Guidelines:
    • A student who has been readmitted after having remained out of a KCTCS College for a period of two or more years (at least four 16-week semesters) and who has completed at least 12 credit hours in non-developmental and non-remedial courses with a grade point average of 2.0 or better after readmission, may choose to have his/her previous KCTCS course work removed from the computation of the grade point average. A student who has completed a credential and re-enrolls may not apply the academic bankruptcy rule to courses taken for the credential already completed. The academic bankruptcy option may be used only once.
    • A student who declares academic bankruptcy will continue to receive credit for those courses in which a grade of A, B, C, D, or P was earned prior to readmission without including those grades in the GPA computation. A student who has completed a credential and re-enrolls may not apply the academic bankruptcy rule to courses taken for the credential already completed. A student may only use the academic bankruptcy option once.
    • If you have read the Academic Bankruptcy guidelines above and believe you are eligible, please request a copy of the Academic Bankruptcy Request Form and return it to the Records Office.
  • Awarding Certificates and Printed Certificate Request Form
    • Certificates are awarded as they are earned, however, if you need to opt out of this process, please contact our office and we will be glad to assist you.
    • If you need a printed copy of a certificate that was earned prior to the Spring 2016 semester, please request a copy of the Printed Certificate Request Form and return it to our office.
  • Degree Audit:
  • Drop Request:
    1. Login to Student Self-Service.
    2. Click the Academic Records tile.
    3. Click the Withdraw/Drop Request option on the left sidebar.
  • Duplicate Diploma/Certificate Request to order a replacement diploma/certificate.
  • Enrollment Verification available from National Student Clearinghouse. In some situations, students may provide a form to the Records Office for completion.
  • Graduation Application:
    • Complete the Graduation Application to apply for a degree or diploma.
    • Application Deadlines:
      • Summer 2024:  July 3, 2024
      • Fall 2024:  September 17, 2024
      • Spring 2025:  February 18, 2025
  • Kentucky Residency - determine whether you qualify as an in- or out-of-state resident.
  • Name Change Requests:
    • To request that your name be changed, complete the Name Change Request Form.
    • Submit the completed form by emailing to the Records Office (copy of driver's license with new name must be attached) OR submit the form in-person (with a copy of your updated driver's license).
  • Student Release of Information provides permission for others to access student's academic record. This information can be found on Student Self-Service under Consent to Release.
  • Transcript Request to request an ECTC transcript, use the National Student Clearinghouse.
  • Visiting/Transient Student For non-ECTC students wishing to take ECTC classes to transfer back to their institution. The home campus registrar must fill it out and indicate which ECTC classes the student should take.

Contact Information

Hours of Operation

Day Hours
Monday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

KCTCS/Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
Records Office
RPC 1st Floor Room 102
600 College Street Road
Elizabethtown, KY. 42701
(270) 706-8696 or (877) 246-2322 extension 68696