KCTCS TRAINS | ECTC

KCTCS TRAINS

KCTCS TRAINS can help your company offset the cost of customized training:

KCTCS-TRAINS is a fund designated by the Kentucky General Assembly to help companies willing to invest in workforce development for their employees. These funds are administered by KCTCS and are available through KCTCS colleges. 

Companies may apply individually or as a training network with other companies. The training networks meet common training needs of business and industry from various sectors of the economy. The network approach is successful because companies who only need one or two employees trained can join with other companies to obtain cost-effective and timely training.

With KCTCS-TRAINS, companies that qualify receive funding to assist with the cost of providing workforce training and assessment services to current as well as potential employees. These funds are distributed on a project basis and require your company to pay 25% of the project cost and a 10% administrative fee.  For your first KCTCS-TRAINS project, the cost can be even less. 

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

When can you apply for KCTCS-TRAINS?

Companies can apply at any time. 

What companies are eligible for KCTCS-TRAINS funding?

All companies. in the Commonwealth of Kentucky are eligible for KCTCS-TRAINS funding.  KCTCS-TRAINS will support projects for existing Kentucky companies that are requiring employees to learn new skills in their jobs companies that are contributing to Kentucky s economic development. 

PLEASE NOTE:  Government agencies, non-profit organizations and educational institutions are not eligible.

What is the process for obtaining KCTCS-TRAINS funding?

Contact Pam Cook, Christine Shelton, or Ben Whitlock in the ECTC Workforce Solutions department to obtain more information. The college will complete the application and submit the project for approval.

Can KCTCS-TRAINS funds be used for in-house training?

No, KCTCS-TRAINS does not fund in-house training.

Bluegrass State Skills Corporation provides funding for company in-house training.

Can KCTCS-TRAINS be used to pay for employee wages while in training or on-the-job-training?

No, KCTCS-TRAINS does not pay for employee wages or on-the-job-training.

Bluegrass State Skills Corporation provides funding for on-the-job-training.

What type of training is funded by KCTCS-TRAINS?

Most of the customized training programs delivered to business and industry by a KCTCS college is eligible for funding.

Is there a dollar limit on KCTCS-TRAINS funding?

No, all usual and customary fees charged by the college are eligible for funding.

What is the time limit on KCTCS-TRAINS projects?

All projects are funded for a period of one year.

How many times can a company apply for KCTCS-TRAINS funding?

There is no limit on the number of times a company can receive funding.

What is the company cash match for KCTCS-TRAINS projects?

Companies are required to pay 25% of the cost and KCTCS-TRAINS reimburses the college directly for the remaining 75%.

Colleges will work with the company to identify a schedule for invoicing and companies are invoiced after services are delivered.

Can equipment be purchased for companies using KCTCS-TRAINS?

No, KCTCS-TRAINS will not purchase equipment for a company.

Equipment may be purchased for a project but will remain the property of KCTCS-TRAINS.

The cost of the equipment is not included in the company cash match.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT KCTCS-TRAINS GRANTS AT ECTC CONTACT:

Pam Cook, Workforce Development Liaison
270/706.8892
pcook0032@kctcs.edu

Christine Shelton, Workforce Development Liaison
270/706.8415
cshelton0110@kctcs.edu

Ben Whitlock, Workforce Development Liaison
859/336.1745
bwhitlock0007@kctcs.edu 

 

 


KCTCS/Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
Workforce Solutions/
OTB, Building 100, Room 107
610 College Street Road
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
(270) 706-8700 or Toll Free: (877) 246-2322 ext. 68700
Fax: (270) 766-5136