Educational Opportunity Center
Interested in college, but don't know how to get started?
The Educational Opportunity Center can help you get started by providing you all of the information you need to pursue your educational goals! And the best part - our services won't cost you a penny! EOC is a FREE program ECTC offers that is 100% funded by the U.S. Department of Education to provide assistance to first generation and low-income individuals as well as military connected persons who desire a post-secondary education.
What we do
The Educational Opportunity Center provides outreach services to adults and high school students in 10 Central Kentucky counties. A counselor visits each county weekly, assisting any eligible person who resides in those counties to enroll in a GED program (if they do not have a high school diploma) OR college and provide access to the center's other services.
Two-thirds of participants in the Educational Opportunity Center must have a low income and be first generation (meaning neither parent graduated from a four-year college). Individuals who do not meet these criteria are encouraged to apply as well, especially those who come from veteran and military-connected families!
To be eligible for the program, individuals must meet all of the following requirements
You must be a citizen of the United States
- This includes individuals in the U.S. who are:
- Permanent U.S. residents
- In the U.S. other than for temporary purposes
- (must provide documentation from the Immigration and Naturalization Service of their intent to become a permanent resident)
- Permanent residents of Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, or the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands (Palau).
- A resident of the Freely Associated States
- (the Federated States of Micronesia or the Republic of the Marshall Islands)
You must be at least 19 years of age
- You may also be eligible if you are below 19 years of age and not a participant in a Talent Search program
You have not earned a Bachelor's Degree
You must live in one of the following Kentucky counties
Don't wait any longer
More education can mean more job opportunities, a faster climb up the career ladder and a larger paycheck. Regardless of your age, it's never too late to complete the degree or training you've always wanted.
If you would like an Educational Opportunity Center staff person to contact you, please take a few moments to complete our EOC Interest Form.