Greater Knox Coding Academy
WHO: Individuals ages 17 & older (see below for admissions requirements)
WHAT: Highly selective & competitive coding academy
WHY: Graduates who pass the course and certification exams are eligible for high paying civilian jobs on Fort Knox with government contractors. Starting salaries as much as $65,000 - $70,000.
DURATION: 17 weeks beginning August 3, 2020.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Java Foundations
- Java Fundamentals
- Java Programming
- Security +
- CompTIA A+
ACADEMIC CREDIT: Students who complete the program and pass all the related exams will earn 19 college credit hours. All of these credits count toward the Associate in Applied Science in Computer Information Technology programming track. NOTE: Credits are ONLY awarded after the student passes the certification exam (similar to Advanced Placement (AP) classes).
COURSE FEE: $9,995 which includes course materials and one attempt for each certification exam. This program is not eligible for traditional financial aid, but ECTC can provide information on payment plans for potential financing options.
Questions? Contact email@example.com for more information.
HOW TO APPLY
SELECTIVE ADMISSIONS PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least 17 years old as of the first day of class
- Submit program application by July 13, 2020
- Complete TABE exam, KYOTE math aptitude test, & CompTIA Fundamentals (ITF+) assessment
- All testing can be done at ECTC.
- Testing cost to applicant: $26.99
- Successfully complete competitive interview process
- Affinity / interest in computer coding
- Commitment to remaining drug free
Applicants will be ranked based on their completion of these criteria and notified if they are selected for the Academy.