Computer Information Technology (IT) professionals are in high demand!
Some of the most highly sought after employees are IT professionals. Our Computer and Information Technologies programs will prepare you for entry-level positions in the IT field. You will learn the skills needed to problem solve and communicate effectively within the complex computer information technology industry. Through our program you can specialize in Computer Programming, (information systems and/or software development), Network Administration (Microsoft and/or CISCO), or Internet Technologies, which covers Web programming and/or administration.
What are my career choices?
You have several career choices as an IT professional. You could become a computer programmer, a network administrator, a web site developer or a web administrator. In the IT program, you will gain hands-on experience to prepare you for entry-level positions in a variety of IT positions.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Degrees and Transfers
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree in Computer and Information Technologies - Internet Technologies Track
- AAS Degree in Computer and Information Technologies - Network Administration Track
- AAS Degree in Computer and Information Technologies - Programming Track
- AAS Degree in Computer and Information Technologies - Information Security Track
- AAS Degree in Computer and Information Technologies - General Track
If you want to get a bachelor's degree, Western Kentucky University has a completer degree with courses offered completely online.
- A+ Prep Certificate
- Cisco Networking Associate Certificate
- Cisco Networking Enhanced Certificate
- CIT Fundamentals Certificate
- Computer Tech Basic Certificate
- Computer Technician Certificate
- Microsoft Enterprise Administrator Certificate
- Microsoft Network Administrator Certificate
- Mobile Apps Development Certificate
- Programming Certificate
- Security+ Prep Certificate
- Web Administration Certificate
- Web Programming Certificate
This program has no special admission requirements.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.