LEARN ON YOUR TERMS
Take classes anytime, anywhere. As a distance learner at Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (ECTC), you’ll take charge of your education and create a path to a better future.
Distance learning at ECTC allows you to learn at times and places that are most convenient for you. It’s a great choice if work, family or other commitments prevent you from attending classes on campus.
How It Works
As a distance learner, you’ll communicate with faculty and other students via email or discussion groups, take online or proctored tests, and submit your assignments via email. You’ll need to have:
- A computer with Internet access
- An email account
- Familiarity with basic word processing and email programs, including how to send email with attachments
Online Program Models
Your future starts now! Explore KCTCS Online programs! We offer distance learning through the following programs.
Get an Online Degree from ECTC
When you're an ECTC online student, you're making the journey to a great new career on your own. Our committed and experienced instructors are here to ensure your success in a variety of challenging and rewarding online academic programs. Whether your goal is to pursue one of our cutting-edge, career-focused programs or choose a degree plan transferable to a four-year college, ECTC is a great place to start!
Interested? Take a look at what online credentials and programs YOU can earn from ECTC without ever coming to campus!
- Associate in Arts (Pre-Baccalaureate/Transfers)
- Associate in Science (Pre-Baccalaureate/Transfers)
- Administrative Office Technology (Associate Degree and Transfers, Diplomas and Certificates)
- Business Administration (Associate Degree and Transfers, Diplomas and Certificates)
- Computer and Information Technologies (Associate Degree and Transfers, and Certificates)
- Criminal Justice (Associate Degree and Transfers, and Certificates)
- Human Services (Associate Degree and Transfers, and Certificates)
- The Human Services Associate Degree requires a 16-week internship, which cannot be completed online.
- Medical Information Technology (Associate Degree and Transfers, Diplomas and Certificates)
How to Apply
Applying to distance learning programs at ECTC is easy, and we’re here to help. Follow these quick steps:
- Send us transcripts from any colleges you’ve attended. If you’ve not attended any, we’ll need your final high school or GED transcript.
You can order your college transcript at the National Student Clearinghouse, your high school transcript at parchment.com or your GED transcript at request.ged.ky.gov.
- Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores or the results of placement testing.
- Explore financial aid. Our generous scholarships, grants and loans make a great education even more affordable.
If you’re a military service member or veteran, be sure to check your military benefits as well.
Finally, fire up your computer and get ready to launch an exciting new future. You’ve got this!
If you have questions along the way, give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to helping you reach your goals!