LEARN ON YOUR TERMS
Take classes anytime, anywhere. As a distance learner at ECTC, you’ll take charge
of your education and create a path to a better future.
Distance learning at ECTC allows you to learn at times and places that are most convenient
for you. It’s a great choice if work, family or other commitments prevent you from
attending classes on campus.
How It Works
As a distance learner, you’ll communicate with faculty and other students via email
or discussion groups, take online or proctored tests, and submit your assignments
via email. You’ll need to have:
- A computer with Internet access
- An email account
- Familiarity with basic word processing and email programs, including how to send email
Online Program Models
We offer distance learning through two separate program models:
- Learn by Term offers semester-length courses in a traditional distance-learning model. Check out
Learn by Term programs today!
- Learn on Demand courses start every week, so you can start learning anytime and learn at your own
pace. See the program options for more details.
How to Apply
Applying to distance learning programs at ECTC is easy, and we’re here to help. Whether
you’re applying to Learn by Term or Learn on Demand, just follow these quick steps:
- Send us transcripts from any colleges you’ve attended. If you’ve not attended any, we’ll need your final high school or GED transcript.
You can order your college transcript at the National Student Clearinghouse, your high school transcript at parchment.com or your GED transcript at request.ged.ky.gov.
- Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores or the results of placement testing.
- Explore financial aid. Our generous scholarships, grants and loans make a great education even more affordable.
If you’re a military service member or veteran, be sure to check your military benefits as well.
Finally, fire up your computer and get ready to launch an exciting new future. You’ve
If you have questions along the way, give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to helping you reach your goals!